The ADA will present a free webinar Feb. 22 on dental sealants highlighting the latest data on sealant placement prevalence and more in honor of National Children's Dental Health Month.
Making Sense of Dental Sealants will stream from 2-3 p.m. Central time and offers one hour of continuing education credit.
The webinar will also explain the difference between dental decay and dental caries, as well as the differences between resin and glass ionomer dental sealants. Speakers include:
- Irene Hilton, D.D.S., chair of the ADA Advisory Committee on Dental Sealants.
- Susan Sergie, D.M.D., pediatric dentist, Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation Dental Department.
- Katie Kosten, D.M.D., director of community dentistry, Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand best practices for placing sealants and the advantages of different materials in specific conditions.
- Describe clinical strategies for placing more sealants.
- Respond to the common myths and misconceptions about dental sealants.
To register, visit the sealant webinar's Zoom page.