ADASRI scientists to share studies on dental materials, vaping, pandemic and more during research exhibition
American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research Annual Meeting and Exhibition to take place March 21-26
Scientists from the American Dental Association Science & Research Institute will share their research at the 51st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research.
The meeting will take place March 21-26 both virtually and in person in Atlanta in conjunction with the 46th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association for Dental Research. The ADASRI is a 2022 AADOCR/CADR Silver Scientific Session Sponsor of the meeting.
Research presented by ADASRI scientists will include the following 13 abstracts:
- "Calcium and Phosphate Ion Release from Experimental Remineralizing Dental Composites," presented by Stanislav Frukhtbeyn, senior research associate.
- "Characterization of Materials Used to Produce Orthodontic Sequential Aligners," presented by Raquel Miera, research scientist.
- "Connexin-43/MAPK Mechanisms Control Osteoblast-Endothelial Interaction," presented by Eun-Jin Lee, Ph.D., senior research associate.
- "Development of Fluorapatite-Titanium Composites for Dental Implant Applications," presented by Eaman Karim, Ph.D., senior scientist.
- "Discovery of Novel Cell Subpopulations in Human Gingival Epithelia," presented by Quinn Easter, Ph.D., senior research associate.
- "Effect of E-cigarette Vaping Temperature on Growth of Streptococcus mutans," presented by Shinae Kim, Ph.D., manager.
- "Fluorapatite and CaF2 Formation in Low Concentration Fluoride-Calcium-Phosphate Complex Solutions," presented by Shozo Takagi, Ph.D., emeritus scientist.
- "Influence of Water in Accelerated Degradation of 3Y-TZP Powder," presented by Yifeng Liao, Ph.D., senior principal scientist.
- "Metal Analysis in E-cigarette Aerosol Produced at High Power," presented by Taejun Ko, Ph.D., postdoctoral research scientist.
- "Mounting Configuration as a Variable in Light Transmission Measurements in Spectrometer/Integrating-Sphere Systems," presented by Henry Lukic, senior research associate.
- "A Self-applied Fluoride-Calcium-Phosphate Complex Treatment Reduced Dentin Hydraulic Conductance," presented by Laurence Chow, Ph.D., emeritus chief research scientist.
- "Stress, Burnout, and Wellness in U.S. Dentists during COVID-19 Pandemic," presented by Cameron Estrich, Ph.D., manager.
- "Tunable Hydroxyapatite Bio scaffolds Using Underwater 3-D Printing Method," presented by Yoontae Kim, Ph.D., postdoctoral research assistant.
ADASRI researchers will also participate in the following meeting activities:
- Marcelo Araujo, D.D.S., Ph.D., ADASRI chief executive officer and ADA chief science officer, organized two of the meeting's symposia: "The AADOCR Code of Ethics" and "Ethical Translation of Research to Clinical Practice."
- Kevin Byrd, D.D.S., Ph.D., senior manager and Anthony R. Volpe Research Scholar, will speak as part of the hands-on workshop "Single-Cell and Spatial Multiomics Resources to Advance Salivary Research." This work is supported by a grant from Colgate-Palmolive.
- Olivia Urquhart, senior research associate, will speak as part of the symposium "Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline for Managing Acute Dental Pain."