The Dental Team Hub, new this year, will be the buzz-filled home base for dental team members ready to learn and hang out with other team members - and their dentist, too - at SmileCon.
This feature will have skill-honing activities for every staff member as well as be a place to learn from top dental team educators and let loose with dental staffs from around the country.
Courses in the Dental Team Hub curated especially for team members include:
- Save Someone's Life with an Extraoral Exam (5123), presented from 10-11:30 a.m. Oct. 13, by Irene Iancu, registered dental hygienist and owner of Toothlife Studio Inc.
- Front Office: You Are Not 'Just' a Receptionist (5109), presented from 2-3 p.m. Oct. 13, by Denise J. Williams-Jones, registered dental assistant and owner of Next Level to Success customer service consulting firm.
- Curiosity Revived the Cat: Exploring Patient Communication and Career Fulfillment (6109), presented from 10 a.m.-noon Oct. 14, by Amanda Hill, registered dental hygienist and clinical education manager at Young Innovations.
- Married to Dentistry: Lessons in Life, Love, and Leadership (6101), presented from 2-3 p.m. Oct. 14, by Dana R. Watson, practice manager and Distinction Dental Management Systems speaker and team trainer.
- Creating a Successful, Profitable Practice for the Entire Dental Team (7106), presented from 10-11:30 a.m. Oct. 15, by Frank J. Milnar, D.D.S., who has a private practice in Minnesota.
- Front Admin: You Can Effectively Lead, Strengthen, and Unite Your Team (7114), presented from 2-3 p.m. Oct. 15, by Ms. Williams-Jones.
The Dental Team Hub features more than just CE.
The spot will present activities taking place from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. each day:
- Oct. 14: Achy Breaky Tooth Line Dancing, a line-dancing lesson.
- Oct. 15: Stamp and Sip, where participants can stamp and personalize a leather luggage tag to take home while enjoying a tasty beverage afterwards.
- Oct. 16: Dental Team Celebration, with free giveaways, a chance to win a free annual subscription to ADA CE Online and a celebratory snack.
Activities taking place from 1:30-3:30 p.m. each day:
- Oct. 14: Get to Gnome Coding, in which participants will create and take home their very own gnome.
- Oct. 15: Business Improv, in which instructors Bob Kulhan and Robyn Lynn Norris will show participants how to use improv in business situations.
- Oct. 16: Silent Disco Party-Dance like it's 1980.
Advanced registration for dental team members costs $149 for the Dental Central Pass, $449 for the Smile Pass and $2,999 for the Platinum Smile Pass. Advanced pricing is available until 5 p.m. Central time on Sept. 30.